Structured Day Services
Our structured, activity-based day programs give individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities the chance to achieve goals, become independent and be active in the community.
REM West Virginia provides nursing care and other medical services for individuals in our programs wherever they are needed – in our residential programs as well as independent living settings and family homes.
With our nursing services, individuals living on their own or with their families may remain in their homes instead of seeking out-of-home care.
Our skilled nursing staff works collaboratively with the individual, their family and other healthcare professionals to deliver an array of services at home where each individual feels safe and comfortable. In addition, to in-home nursing services we provide support services for family members and other care providers including: training on specific medical conditions, acting as a liaison for physicians or other medical providers and providing medical guidance to the family and individual.
In addition to in-home services, we offer comprehensive medical monitoring and oversight in all of our 24-hour residential programs which can include:
- Completing appropriate nursing assessments to determine the level of nursing services needed for an individual
- Supervising, overseeing and monitoring all medical conditions
- DSPs, our trained professionals, assisting and reporting to nursing staff
- Ensuring all appointments, medications and medical treatments occur as ordered by the physician
- Acting as a liaison among multiple medical providers
- Access to 24-hour nursing.
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations